COVID-19 Vaccinations for Pima County Residents
Residents in Pima County, aged 75 and over, are being advised to register for Phase 1B on the Pima County Covid-19 online portal: COVID-19 Vaccine Information.
- Pima County is giving vaccines to those who have already registered (on the Pima County website) beginning Friday, January 15, 2021 at the following Tucson locations only.
Tucson Medical Center
Banner North Cancer Center
Rillito Park, University of Arizona area
Kino Banner South
Tucson Convention Center
If you can reach these locales, Pima County is advising age 75+ , rural residents of Pima County, including Green Valley, to sign up for the Tucson locations when you register.
- The State of Arizona determines what sites can receive and distribute vaccinations. At this time, the Green Valley Fire District and the United Community Health Service are the only Points of Vaccination in Green Valley. The GV Fire Department does not have any vaccine doses at this time. The next vaccine it receives will be given to emergency workers to complete Phase 1A. It is unknown what UCHS sites have the vaccine.
- Pima County may be able to open a vaccine distribution site in Green Valley in early February. Keep checking the Pima County Covid-19 online portal
- Pima County has no involvement with distribution of vaccines at drugstores, that is, Walgreens and CVS. That vaccine distribution is being coordinated at the Federal level. Nor does Pima County have any involvement with distribution of vaccines at grocery pharmacies (e.g., Safeway). The State of Arizona is coordinating with the grocery stores directly.
- The Green Valley Council is in direct contact with the office of the Pima County Administrator to receive the latest information about the Covid-19 plans for distributing the vaccines. GVC will be partnering with Green Valley Recreation, Green Valley Sahuarita Chamber of Commerce, SCVRH, Green Valley News, and KGVY Radio Station to provide Green Valley residents the most accurate and timely information possible.
The Pima County held a press conference on Wednesday morning, January 13, 2021. A tape of the press conference has been posted on the Department of Health’s Facebook page