Green Valley Park Fact Sheet
Pima County has started to develop a Maintenance Plan to identify and prioritize both short and long-term goals through collaborative meetings with adjacent property owners, homeowner’s associations, and other interested stakeholders. These meetings provide opportunities for groups to address concerns and help the County better form an adaptive re-use plan that will serve the needs of a park for area residents and visitors.
The County has identified various short-term goals, which include:
- Addressing erosion problems, sediment removal, vegetation and tree trimming, and safety improvements including signage and handrails where necessary.
- Developing a Maintenance Plan for weed and vegetation control, establishing firebreaks, and addressing buffer areas.
- Grading various areas to allow for drainage or infiltration of stormwater at former golf course related depressions.
Long-term planning for adaptive re-use may potentially include:
- Re-establishing natural drainage in areas within regulatory floodplains to address stormwater harvesting and mitigate the effects of local drainage from adjacent subdivisions.
- Controlling invasive and non-native vegetation species, and develop a landscape plan to restore the riparian canopy. The County anticipates working with the University of Arizona’s School of Landscape Architecture to accomplish this task.
- Identifying areas where improvements would be desirable including benches, path improvements, etc.
Pima County has thoroughly evaluated the park site with respect to addressing maintenance needs. If you see any new or worsening maintenance issues, please submit a Park Maintenance Request.
Pima County is working in conjunction with the Green Valley Council to keep residents and interested stakeholders updated while accomplishing these goals. For more information, please contact:
Green Valley Park Advisory Committee
Thao Tiedt, Chair
Green Valley Council
555 North La Cañada Drive, Suite 117
Green Valley, Arizona 85614
Please send us your name and email address if you wish to receive the latest news about the Council.