Effective Board Meetings
Two of the most important functions of the Green Valley Council are the HOA Workshops held for the HOA officers and advising the Board Presidents on how best to conduct meetings. The Council has learned over the years the importance of what makes a good meeting. I share the following “Rules of Engagement” in hopes that it will assist in all of your meetings:
Rules of Engagement (ROE)
- Leave your Ego at the door.
- Respect and trust each other.
- Agree to disagree.
- Value dissent, but don’t beat a dead horse.
- Keep an open mind and think outside the box.
- Keep a sense of humor.
- All participate to achieve good information for decision making.
- Present possible solutions when identifying problems.
- No gossip.
- Support group decisions.
- Recognize and appreciate all efforts.
These rules have made our meetings more positive and productive.