With another Summer behind us we look forward to the Fall and Winter ahead. It’s a good time to remind you of all the programs and services we are working hard to provide.
The Council sponsors a number of programs, which are listed below. All of the programs are either the current responsibility of the Council and its Standing Committees or originated under their auspices. All the work, except for administrative support, is carried out by community volunteers.
- Board of Representatives represents Green Valley issues and concerns for consideration by agencies and officials at all levels of government.
- Executive Board is responsible for day-to-day operations and long-term guidance.
- Seven Standing Committees take on the major responsibilities for gathering and coordinating information and advising action in specific areas, which in large part, correspond to the governmental departments in Pima County.
- Citizen Corps/Emergency Planning Committee
- Community Service Committee
- Green Valley Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Avenue of Flags
- Environmental Committee
- Alternative Energy
- Health and Human Services Committee
- Health Care Directory (up-to-date database 2017)
- Dispose-a-Med (originated in Green Valley, now a national program)
- Safety and Health in Motion (SHiM) Program (originated with Green Valley, now a regional program with U of A)
- Green Valley Community Health Fair (originated in Committee)
- HOA Relations Committee
- County Roads Self-Help Option
- HOA Workshops
- Planning and Architectural Committee
- Architectural and Building Permits
- Traffic and Arroyo Committee
- Maintenance Service Requests Monthly Coordination with Pima County
- Community Forums
- Community Service Requests (Requests by Green Valley community members for assistance in liaising with Pima County Government on specific issues)
- https://gvcouncil.org (Council’s website with up-to-date news and stories and accurate information about the Council, the Foundation, and living in Green Valley, Arizona)
- Dispute Resolution
- Notary Public (2017)
- Preferred Vendor Program
- Utilities Warranty Programs
- Revised Vendor Program Launch
- Contractual Services
- Support of Pima County Departmental Services
- Deliver the Green Valley Community Directory
- Searchable CC&Rs (2017)
GVC and The GVC Foundation, Inc., entered into specific agreements for GVC to manage and/or provide administrative support to the following programs and management groups: Buffelgrass Abatement, Household Hazardous Waste Collection; Avenue of Flags; MedianGreen (Beautification of Green Valley Medians); Green Valley Community Plan (Strategic Planning and Implementation); and the Green Valley Economic Development Management Group (Master Planning)