BOARD OF REPRESENTATIVES
NEXT MEETING: February 20, 2020
This season’s meetings:
- September 19th–Roads–special guest Carmine DeBonis, Deputy County Administrator
- Carmine gave a presentation to the board on September 19, Click here to view his slideshow presentation.
- October 17th–Friends of the Canoa Parks, Presentation on Historic Canoa Ranch
- November 21st–Budget and Finances
- December 19th–Part Two of “How Unique is My Valley” by Thao Tiedt, President. Check out our photo recap on Facebook!
- January 16, 2020— Census discussion: how it works, scams, etc. Presentation Here! Photo Story on Facebook ICYMI!
- February 20, 2020– RTA Information
May 16, 2019: Our Last Meeting of The 2018-2019 Season
Our President, Thao Tiedt, conducted our last meeting of the 2018-2019 season and gave a fantastic presentation titled “How Unique Is My Valley — Part I”, where she gave a report of the origins of Green Valley, including the development of The Acres, Fairways, and The Villas. She also gave some information about the history of White Elephant, Arizona Family Restaurant, and The facility we now call “East Social Center” (Which was the grand opening venue of Green Valley, and the turnout was an astounding 9,000 people!)
County Administrator Chuck Huckelberry and his staff found additional funds for the Highway User Revenue Funds. $800,000 of highway repair funding was allocated to the Green Valley area. Our Road Prioritization Subcommittee (under the Traffic & Arroyos Committee) studied our thoroughfare roads and compiled a list of 3 roads that were later approved at the April 17 Board of Supervisor’s Meeting.
W. Camino Encanto (Camino Del Sol to I-19 Frontage)
W. Camino Casa Verde (Avenida Del Abaco to La Canada Dr.)
S. La Canada Dr. (Mission Twin Buttes to Continental Rd.)
Green Valley Open Space Park
Canoa Hills Golf Course is going to be transformed into a natural open space park, similar to Pima County’s Feliz Paseos Park. At the April 17, 2018 Pima County Board of Supervisors Meeting, the supervisors voted to approve the Open Space Park’s repurposing.